Male / female / diverse metalworker in the specialist field of commercial vehicle construction
Very few people are aware of the versatility of this vocation.
In the field of commercial vehicle construction, chassis, frames, brake and hydraulic systems in addition to the complete commercial vehicle itself are produced exactly according to the customer’s wishes. Service and repairs to vehicles and superstructures are also included in the metalworker’s field of work.
Prerequisites: Qualified secondary modern school leaving certificate, secondary school leaving certificate or abitur certificate.
The ideal profession for young people who would like to work both in a progressive-technical area and in creative and artistic areas of vehicle construction.
Training period: 3 1/2 years (42 months)
- Structure and organisation of the company taking on the trainees
- Occupational and wage law, occupational safety
- Industrial safety, environmental protection and rational use of energy
- Planning and preparation of the working process and controlling and assessing the results of work
- Reading, using and drafting technical documentation
- Testing, measuring and calibrating
- Manual machining and shaping
- Machine processing
- Manual and machine shaping of sheeting and sections
- Welding, thermal cutting
- Electrical engineering
- Testing, treatment and protection of surfaces
- Transport of components and subassemblies
- Disassembly and assembly of components and subassemblies
- Electrical engineering, electronics
- Hydraulics, pneumatics
- Testing and repair of vehicle frames, bodywork and superstructures
- Maintenance and repair of systems and installations on vehicles
- Testing, adjusting and connecting of mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic and electrical and electronic systems and installations
- Isolation and determination of faults, malfunctions and their causes
- Manufacture and transformation of vehicle frames and superstructures
- Fitting and retrofitting with accessories and additional devices
- Assessment of damage to vehicles
- Control of the work performed with inclusion of neighbouring areas